We’ve put together a list of essential resources for current and prospective families. You can find information here about our school, plus Montessori education resources we highly recommend. We hope you enjoy the links, books, and classes as much as we do!
We’re working and playing all year round! Download our school calendar for holidays, in service training days, and community events.
The Lakewood Montessori Parent Teacher Organization is a 501c3 nonprofit dedicated to the continuous improvement of our school community. The PTO sponsors school events, gatherings, and fundraisers. It’s also a great avenue for connecting with other Lakewood families.
- Who was Maria Montessori?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- A pediatric neuropsychologist discusses Montessori research
- Dr. Silvia Dubuvoy, Montessori teacher trainer, speaks about the curriculum
- Montessori Builds Innovators Harvard Business Review
- Research and Resources: National Center for Montessori in the Public Sector
- The Secret of Childhood
- The Discovery of the Child
- The Child in the Family
- The Absorbent Mind
- The Montessori Method
- Spontaneous Activity in Education
- To Educate the Human Potential
- Maria Montessori: Her Life and Work, by E.M. Standing
- Maria Montessori: a Biography, By Rita Kramer
- Montessori: The Science Behind the Genius, by Dr. Angeline Lillard
- How to Raise an Amazing Child the Montessori Way, by Tim Seldin
- The Montessori Toddler, by Simone Davies
- Montessori Madness! A Parent to Parent Argument for Montessori Education, by Trevor Eissler
Aid to Life – Full of valuable information about supporting the natural development of children.
Michael Olaf – Articles and videos from a Montessori trainer, teacher, and parent.
Maren Schmidt – Kids Talk Newsletters. Simple, actionable Montessori parenting advice.
Positive Discipline – Positive parenting and teaching resources from Jane Nelsen.